Saturday, September 8, 2012

We were meant to shine

Last night, my best friend from college and I were venting back and forth via text about the little slump we've been in.  Unfortunately, we weren't able to have our usual 2 hour phone conversation because she was tied up on a Friday evening and miserably trying to study.  She is my hero-I've never met anyone so dedicated and hardworking.  And the hard work will pay off because she actually does love what she does and is very passionate about becoming a nurse anesthetist.  Although, one of my biggest faults and her as well is that we don't give ourselves enough credit.  We are our biggest critics, too humble to know how we shine, too concerned with our performance and what others might think.  Sometimes you meet people and you know they can change things.  Well, I think she'll change things without even knowing how great she is.  Humble and gracious to the core.  I know she'll simply be happy helping others.  Perhaps it's difficult to grasp what we as individuals are capable of?  

But while enjoying my routine morning coffee and banana and rasberries, I came across this quote and I think it's something that I and many others can benefit from:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?  You are a child of God.  Your playing small does not serve the world.  There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.  We are all meant to shine, as children do.  We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.  It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.  And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."


In my opinion, it's our glowing hearts deep within us hat will let us shine but we're too scared to show it.  We don't want the vulnerability.  If we trust ourselves and believe in ourselves then we will be capable of things that we couldn't have imagined :)





These days there are so many incredible empowered women. Here a few ladies that have inspired me through their warmth and compassion:

My sister and mother











Grace Kelly


JK Rowling


Julie Andrews

Princess Diana




No comments:

Post a Comment