Friday, October 8, 2010

A Kaiserwetter Friday

Kaiserwetter: I'd define this as weather fit for the emperor. Blue skies and sunshine. I'm not sure if many people use it anymore but I feel it's quite Viennese :)

Today is Friday and I have already started my weekend as I am not required to teach today. The weather couldn't be more beautiful today so I've just been enjoying the morning sitting on my Balkon drinking coffee and watching the kittykats and new puppy Chester, who belongs to the grandchildren of Inge and Arni, run around the garden and am enjoying soaking up some sun...almost reminds me of home. In my opinion the sun is the strongest medicine for happiness, I don't know how I'll be able to cope without it this winter. Lots of hot tea, baths, and snowy mountains should hopefully do the trick. In any event, I didn't want to spend too long on here today since I'd like to go frolic around the hills but my first week teaching was truly great. The main part of class time was spent making introductions and giving a little perspective of my life as an American. Some of the teachers are so nice too-offering me to come along whenever they go to Klagenfurt, Vienna, Italy, school ski trips, or simply to their homes to eat a warm meal and show me around their town. I'm sure I'll be taking advantage of a view of these opportunities. Especially the opportunity to walk one teacher's golden retriever....no surprise there. The students are also a bit of fun and I think they already appreciate a younger english resource.

Otherwise, tomorrow I'm traveling to Spittal, Austria for a big hike with a couple friends Sam and Rob from England. I'm pumped! Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with a couple chaps :)

always missing my pups...

No comments:

Post a Comment